Thursday 22 November 2012

Painting Typhus

For those of you who frequent the B&C forum, you may or may not have seen the start of my Typhus conversion. I had converted him to appear more like the artwork in C:CSM. After a bit of reposing the guardsman (he was a bit stiff...), he was ready to paint.


He's turned out a little messier than I wanted so far. This is my second attempt...The idea was to paint him in the original Deathguard colour scheme of bone-marble white with dark green decoration and then to add weathering. I went a little overboard with the weathering it would seem.

What you are looking at right now is him right after an oil wash, so he still has a fair bit of shine about him and needs a good matte varnish. Hopefully, after the final highlights to the armour and metallics (and guardsman) he will look better.


No comments:

Post a Comment